Saturday, 4 May 2013

Dammit How Did That Happen

Sucked in! Dave (my tenant) was having all kinds of problems with Red Dog, and...yeah, you guessed it, Red Dog has moved in with us. He's Vincent and Bandit's brother, the runt of the litter, and a pale creamy red heeler colour, same stumpy tail. I said he could have a week's trial period at our place, as he was a behavioural mess, but after two days he was fine. He'd been left alone at home way too much, with Dave & Ali being out nearly all the time, so he's just desperate for company and activity. He's learned the rules here pretty quick and doesn't seem to be trying to eat the slack-ass chickens, although Smokey is not impressed with his attempts to play (he lived with a cat).

We're super paranoid about the dogs being out if we're doing anything with the cars, and keep the gate shut. Can't keep an eye on them all 24 hours a day, but fingers crossed this time nothing happens. Bandit apparently is on the mend and really happy in her new home with the vet. I really miss her and Vincent, but I guess life has to move on. Thank god I don't have kids, I'd be a wreck.

Town life goes on as usual, Gary has lots of offers of work but is chilling out at home for a couple of weeks before he decides what job he wants to take on. I think he'll just decide to be "call out guy", helping out whoever wants him and whoever he likes working with by the hour when he wants to do it, and he's going to take over Greggie's garbage truck run when Greg's away. There's so much work here, you have your pick!

Welll, back to sorting out the paperwork. Why has Gary saved things like old car rego papers from twenty years ago but not last year's group certificate? Why are his naval records tucked randomly inside various motorcycle magazines? What are we going to do with three hundred kilos of vintage truck parts magazines?


No comments:

Post a Comment