Today I discovered something bigger and better than any gold mine in Meeka - a giant secret massive centuries-old pile of horse poo hidden in a grove behind some of the outlying stables. This may not sound very exciting to you city readers, but people in Meeka would kill to know about this poo mine. It's fathomlessly deep, richly rotten and ohhhhhh so much poooooooo.... I just want to go and sit and gloat over it. What a treasure trove for the garden! I'll have to get photos.
Oh, I keep forgetting, the wolves are now famous! I sent a sickeningly cute puppy photo of Bandit and Vincent to one of the cheesy "women's magazines" called Take Five or Take That or whatever it's called, and they paid me $50 - and put the photo on the front cover, the inside cover, and on the pet feature page! Hilarious. I didn't even realise they'd published it until Nigel at the hardware came running out waving a copy that he'd saved for me. I'll scan it & post it on the blog when we finish lying semi-conscious on the sofa sweating our brains out in this repulsive humid weather.
I still have to go outside to use the internet, which sucks. The new antenna system should be here soon, if there's any money left on the credit card after paying the vet bill. Vincent has agreed to put his share of the magazine money into Bandit's bionic surgery fund. Apparently she is off pain killers and just on anti-inflammatories, doing really well - getting up and hobbling around after the vet nurses. She has a great long line of stitches along her leg and a big fat soft cast bandage to hold it still.
I have to work at the hostel tomorrow, which is excruciating because I just want to go and ravage the poo mine! I know you'll all be adding it to your list of Things To Do In Meeka for your impending visits.
No comments:
Post a Comment