Gary took Norm's ice & beer truck (and I mean a TRUCK - massive!) to the Landor Races on Thursday and won't be home again until tomorrow. Landor is about 260 km west of Meeka via a rough dirt road, it's a huge horse race & drink fest - I was going to go as well but we decided I'd better follow doctor's orders and get some rest. Chest is much better, got my old energy back, so I decided to spring clean our shed.
With our amazing new generator I can use the vacuum cleaner, so I started it up and from out of nowhere comes Red Dog, who hurled himself at the vacuum at a thousand miles an hour, savagely attacking it and ripping the head off and running out to the yard with it - this all took about 3 seconds. He gave it a damn good learnin' and came back in, very pleased and ready to assault the hose. I was in fits. He hides under the bed and darts out to ravage it, so we play the Killer Vacuum game for a while and then I have to lock him outside. He is the funniest dog.
Gary will get a big surprise when he comes home because I've scrubbed the place spotless, got rid of the unspeakable dust, cobwebs and general filth that had built up, made a beautiful mosquito net Mexican bed head arrangement, and found 79 of Gary's socks under the bed. I hope Gaz doesn't find out that I have let all the animals sleep in the bed while he was away...
No comments:
Post a Comment