We are SO FED UP with this coughing crap. I am absolutely sure it's whooping cough - the state medical office has stated that there is an epidemic of it in W.A. (and also in other states), we've got all the symptoms, and so does half the town. At the roadhouse it seems like every other customer has it. So we're all just madly re-infecting each other. The big problem is that it is, apparently, "frequently under- diagnosed", which I guess explains why the local hospital doesn't seem to be on top of it. We need a town notice or something. I kept saying to the doctors that I thought it was whooping cough, and finally I've had a blood test so we'll see what it says - but I'm sure that's what we've all got.
Anyway, the bugger of it is that there is no treatment; it just runs its course. The only time you have a chance of killing it is in the early stages, when you think you might be coming down with a cold but haven't started coughing yet. So we'll have to ride this one out, and then the second either of us gets a sniffly nose we are marching down the to hospital and demanding frigging mega-antibiotics. I am taking big doses of vitamin C and anything else that might help, but dammit it really, really sucks. Half the time one of us has to sleep out in the other shed just so we can both get some sleep, we keep waking each other up coughing - and it's not just throat-clearing coughing, it's wet-your-pants-throw-up-on-the-floor coughing.
Apart from that we're fine (!).
No comments:
Post a Comment