Friday, 6 July 2012

Our Surprise Shower Buddy

I was lying in the lovely hot bath tonight when a tiny little bat flew into the bath shed, zoomed around twice, flew out, came back, circled around me a couple more times, then landed upside down on the wooden beam over my head. It hung there, looking at me curiously, its tiny pointy little ears pricked up. I called Gary in and he shone the torch on it - it's brownish coloured and about the size of a small mouse, really cute!

After Gary wandered off I just lay in the bath watching the bat while it watched me. After a few minutes it started grooming, licking itself with its teeny tiny weensy tongue and smoothing its fur with one of its wings, just like a cat! Then it gave a weeny teeny little bat yawn, tucked its head under its wing, and went to sleep!

I think it must live in the bath shed, it certainly seemed very at home. It's so small and brown that you wouldn't notice it sleeping up there, it just looks like a bit of web or fluff. It is soooooo CUTE. I'm going to google whether or not it's safe to take a photo of it with the flash, then you can all see it too.
No, it doesn't have a name. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment