Sunday, 2 December 2012

Vegetarians LOOK AWAY

Mr. Rooster cockadoodled his last four am wakeup call today - we caught him, took him around the corner out of sight of the others, and snapped his neck (more humane than the chop apparently). "Don't look in his eyes!" I warned Gary as we shared the snap job. Thanks to YouTube it all went smoothly.

So I'm now a bona-fide country gal now - I hung him up to drain, boiled up a pot, dipped and plucked him, gutted him on the kitchen bench (following YouTube instructions), and despite my newbie gutting skills he still looked like a chook when I put the knife down - a miracle! Gary got the camp cook pot out and, using the angle grinder to clean it, got it ready for the fire pit while I made stuffing (Google).

He's cookin' right now, and we're really hungry! So it's lucky that one of the seemingly female chooks is starting to look awfully roosterish as well...today could just be the first step in a meat-maddened carnivore killing spree. Bon appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment