Monday, 2 September 2013

I Accidentally Start A Business

I have to apologise for not blogging for like a million weeks - been a bit busy with a sudden onslaught of demand for my print & design business, which is called Dingo Design. Everyone in town has been complaining about the lack of souvenirs to stock in their shops, so I bought some really cheap crap travel mugs from the supermarket for $2.99, made a sticker with a road train and "Meekatharra" on it, stuck it on the mugs, and took them to Tom & Judy at the roadhouse. "See how much you can get for them," was my carefully planned marketing technique.  They all sold that day for $10 and $15 each.

So I went home and made a whole bunch of bumper stickers and other landfill through Vistaprint and Cafepress. The samples are starting to arrive in the mail and they look great! So I'm just putting the catalogue together and canvassing the shops, everyone is very excited. I've also just done Adam's new business logo & card design, he's over the moon about it so I bet I'll be getting more requests from around town. Who would have thought?

Anyway, still waiting to hear about running the town paper, doing work on the shed, all the usual stuff.

Here are some of the bumper stickers and stuff I've designed - I'll probably be setting up an online shop and you can order them too.








No comments:

Post a Comment