We set up Waggin' Trail as a market stall at the rodeo today, we found a great spot right by the bar which meant I could easily flog the stickers and magnets off to drunken mates as they staggered past to the fast food vans. Several attempts by the aboriginal kids to steal stuff, caught them before they could make off with anything, then banned all children from the stall.
Gaz and I still weren't feeling too great with our colds and whooping cough or plague or whatever it is, so we didn't make a particularly good effort with the display, but we made about $300! But more excitingly, the couple who run the general store in Wiluna (a very tiny remote town about 180 km east of us) want me to do a Wiluna souvenir range, so that's pretty cool.
It was a good day, just hanging out at the bus with half the town stopping by to chat. I made Gary wear his red suspenders and fireman trousers ("You're the eye candy," I explained), and he ended up taking the fire truck round to the rodeo ring to wet down the dust. So now we have a fire truck in our driveway as well as the fifteen other vehicles we seem to have accumulated. The moron aboriginals camped near our place seem to have either died of alcohol poisoning or moved off, so it's now nice and quiet again.
We're celebrating our new generator by running every electrical appliance possible and Gary is, as usual, entertaining himself by adding more electrical festooning indoors and outdoors. The arrangement of which switch turns on what and when it should be used changes every day and I have given up trying to keep up with it all (he likes complicated things).
Better go now and keep making more stickers...
No comments:
Post a Comment