Things just keep coming out of left field. The latest Dingo product : downloaded PDF car & motorcycle manuals. Most of the blokes in town do their own repairs and are obsessed with motorbikes, and they've started asking me to Google repair manuals for them. I discovered you can download manuals for practically nothing, so I charge $30 each for them and the guys love it. I am learning all sorts of things about motorcycle model numbers that I never wanted to know.
Matthew also came up with a plan to clean up the bits & pieces of car & bike parts we have lying around and selling them, we already have orders coming in from guys in town and I found out we can easily sell them on eBay as well - the demand is huge. I've cut back my hours at the roadhouse due to all the googling & design work. Matt's also getting requests to do basic vehicle servicing for people in town who don't know how, so I'm in charge of quoting, parts ordering & invoicing.
But that's not all! I've got Matt churning out Dingo display stands for the souvenirs - we did three free ones for some of the shops, and they said that customers are really attracted to them & they're selling heaps more than they usually do, so now we have a display stand factory going on in the back yard. We'll sell them from now on - they cost nothing to make as they're made of old pallets and stuff from the tip.
Gary's working full time at Coates Hire as their mechanic, it's so much better for him than the heavy machinery road work and he still gets to go out to the mine sites and other remote areas - he's heaps happier and finally earning what he's worth instead of the crappy mates rates he was getting before. In a week or so he has to do a 1000 km round trip to a remote aboriginal community in Pindar, so I'm going to go with him - can't wait!
So if things keep up at this rate I'll need to hire helpers....
No comments:
Post a Comment