Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Helping The Cougar

Narelle rolled into town for the festival weekend towing a food van called "Cougar Kitchen", and got stuck out at the racecourse due to some mechanical problems, so Dave and I ended up offering her the spare room at Main Street - Dave even did her laundry for her! She's sleeping on the floor of her van, the poor thing, so we got her sorted with hot showers and stuff and this morning I went and had a coffee with her from her ginormous fancy coffee machine while we swapped road stories. Ripper! She's been travelling Australia for ages with the van & having lots of adventures, and she was panicking about what to do about being stuck in Meeka, so she was really grateful for all the help. Honey spent the morning playing with her little dog Jasper.

So "The Cougar" is moving into Main Street with the food van (!), which is great for everyone as we get free fancy coffee, I get another rent-paying tenant and Dave gets someone to clean the house up (bachelor hell). Never a dull moment!

I've been cleaning out the bus (full of red dust) ready for our weekend trip to the Landor Races, which is basically a big piss-up in the bush about 200 km west of here. Pretty much the whole town of Meeka goes, as well as people from all over WA. There's nothing there but a station and a racetrack, everyone just camps in the bush and has a big party. I'm going to leave Honey and Smokey here with our camp sitter (whoever that turns out to be), it will be hot and noisy and I don't think they'll like it!

It's muggy and threatening to rain, hope we don't get flooded...

No comments:

Post a Comment