Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Our Family Gets Larger

I picked up our puppies today! I'll post photos when we finish cuddling and tickling them on the sofa (in about 3 months). We have Bandit, who is a small female, and the other puppy, a male, doesn't have a name yet because Gary's waiting for inspiration. I want to call him Bear because he's like a big bumbling friendly boofhead. Bandit is the confident, naughty one. They get up and stumble around for about five minutes, then fall asleep wherever they are. Right now Bandit is asleep with her head in my work boot, and her brother is flaked out next to her sort of under the armchair. Honey is really jealous. Smokey hasn't seen them yet but will be aloofly disgusted. Gary and I decided quite firmly that the puppies and Honey would now be permanent "outside" dogs so that we don't get choked to death by dog fur and filth. I think it was less than two minutes later that we had both puppies on the sofa, rolling around and squealing with excitement (us and them).

Matilda is on the "Things We May Have For Lunch" list due to her incessant morning squawking and carrying on. What a racket! I've tried giving her different roosting and nesting spots, different food, letting her roam in other parts of the compound, nothing works. She just wanders around making an unholy noise from about six am until mid morning. The only thing that calms her down is if she goes out of the compound to ramble in the bush, which is fine but she gets herself too hot and will inevitably get eaten by something in the night. So it might as well be us that does the eatin'.

Summer has hit. Mid to high thirties, roasting in the shed. When it hits the forties, which looks like next week, just drop by with your carving knife and some mint sauce, we should be nicely done on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment