Saturday, 19 May 2012

Just Stuff

Nothing wildly exciting to report today, just the usual - chasing the chooks out of the kitchen, running off to cover someone's shift at the hostel, lurking in the tinned food section of the supermarket hunting down Mark the plumber, and sorting out our ridiculously busy calendar for the next six weeks. Gary's in Geraldton this weekend on another fire & rescue management course, then we're both down there again next weekend to do Pump Operations together (are there no limits to the giddy heights of our romance?), then the travelling beautician is in town to do haircuts & massages etc, plus the town is having a free dog sterilisation program so Boy and Storm are booked in to have their nasty hairy old nuts off. Sorry boys! They'll have to find some other part of themselves to schlorp on. Revolting.

Then I'm back to Geraldton to do the notorious Breathing Apparatus course, the stuff of nightmares. I also seem to have a heap of media release thingies to do for the brigade. Cam's idea of media releases is that I write them and then everyone votes on them & suggests changes at a monthly meeting of the entire membership. Ha ha! I don't think so. As I pointed out to Gary, what's needed is the iron fist of tyrannical dictatorship, not this pussy-assed commie pinko "let's all have a go" business, particularly when the group concerned is barely able to come up with any adjectives that don't incorporate the word "fuck" and is likely to be under the influence of beer during the course of the meetings. I have suggested that we form a small media committee restricted to those members who can (a) form entire, coherent sentences while speaking, (b) read and write, and (c) hold a written page up the right way, which means the media committee will be pretty much limited to me, Paul and Gary.

Weather-wise, just to rub it in, we are having lovely mid 20's temperatures with sunny periods, occasional refreshing rain & thunderstorms, and basically it's just perfect. The fence is nearly finished (just waiting on the chicken wire to arrive at the hardware depot), then I'm putting plants in before forcing myself to deal with the rest of the inside of the house. The entire design concept is "What I Have Found At The Tip"; the front fence is made out of the sides of giant mine machinery crates, enthusiastically coated with paint from my fabulous new cheapo paint sprayer. Hopefully it will all stand up long enough for the bougainvillea to grow up and hide all my hasty "oh I'm bored with this bit now" carpentry non-skills.

All the animals have abandoned their lovingly hand-made houses & beds and are sleeping on the piles of dirt from the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment