No! Not me & Gary - our friends Reese (hospital cook) and Paulette (head nurse) got married last weekend. Gary frocked up in one of the old fire brigade uniforms from yesteryear and drove the bridal party out to Peace Gorge in the ancient fire truck. We all waited in a natural amphitheatre among the rocks and sipped champagne. It was near sunset, so the light was beautiful; it was a really nice ceremony and there was a big barbecue feast at the shire hall afterwards.
The great thing about the outback is no one worries about getting everything "perfect" - you just pop on your one good outfit, take your shoes off after half an hour, and it doesn't matter if you have a formal outfit or just a relatively clean pair of jeans. I would sum up the wedding with the most-heard comment from the attendees: "Yer that was lovely, where's the piss?" I helped with thawing out the six tons of prawns and taking a turn on one of the three barbecues, I think we cooked four and half cows.
We spend most of our time outside so I haven't been blogging much, but I'm taking a month off from the hostel so I can get lost in my own projects for a while & catch up on writing & taking photos. The chickens are thriving, my vegies and trees are growing, we have the moped and one of the motorcycles in the living room with parts all over the place, Dave has moved into Main Street and is working on it like mad, the usual crazy Meeka things happen each day and we're really happy!
Here are some photos.
 |
| One of the little chicks, "Lunch" or maybe "Dinner" |
 |
| Bridal party at Peace Gorge - in Akubra hats, outback style |
 |
| Peace Gorge rocks |
 |
| My handsome fire brigade captain! |
 |
I hope someone did a head count after the photos - I'm sure one or two of the little flower girls disappeared down the crevices! |
 |
Huge sculpture on the hill in Cue, which unfortunately from the main angle on the highway looks like a man with something in his ass |
 |
| My nights are spent looking up motorcycle parts |
 |
| View from the hill in Cue - the Grand Hotel |
 |
| Pleep! Pleep! What do you mean, it's five o'clock in the morning? Pleep |
 |
| Matilda puts up with being used as occasional furniture |
 |
| Gary driving the bridal party along the bush track |
No comments:
Post a Comment