Ha ha! I was in the hardware buying stuff for the bush camp and I was about to ring Gary to let him know to pick it up on his way home, then got inspired. Together Paul the hardware manager and I cooked up a really good practical joke - I rang Gary to tell him there was "a bunch of stuff" to pick up, plus a "special surprise". Gary was all excited; I went back to work.
So when Gary turned up at the hardware, Paul took him down to the saddlery section and started piling Gary's arms with halters, feed buckets and so on, saying "Yep, you're gonna need this, and these, and some of these..." Gaz was in shock, totally confused. Paul just kept going, convincing Gary that I had adopted a sick lonely horse which was now waiting in the bush compound for him to take it some food.
Gary was swearing and carrying on, "Oh fuckin' great, now we have a horse, what the hell are we going to do with a HORSE?". Paul somehow managed to keep a straight face until Gary was well and truly wound up, then revealed that the new surprise was not a horse but a new wheelbarrow for his firewood.
Gaz nearly cacked himself laughing, and we had fits about it when I got home. So I owe Paul a drink for doing such a good job of our prank!
We're kind of half moved in to the bush camp and loving it, but really bloody tired. I will post some bush camp stories later tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment