Sunday, 24 April 2011

Back in Adelaide

Camping in K.'s driveway in Flagstaff Hill. Still no word about Sooty. Driving back at night from the Flinders we crossed a mouse plague near Port Wakefield; literally hundreds of mice running across the road for miles and miles. When I look at Waggin' Trail's mudflaps next morning they are covered in gore.

It's Easter hell out there so spending the holiday re-designing some of the shelving & doing some cleaning. After all those dusty dirt tracks it seems like I have half the outback in the bus. Something has been nibbling at the rice bag, must have a word to Smokey about his mouse patrol performance review.

K.'s family lovely & fun to hang out with, we end up watching Star Trek DVD's and laughing ourselves silly. Off to the Nullarbor & WA later in the week, whale shark & snorkelling season coming up! If we get news about Sooty I will hire a runner to go get her & K. & family will look after her. I am keeping my fingers crossed she will turn up in Blinman at some point.

Next few blogs will probably just be photos from Flinders until I get to the prehistoric ant site in the Nullarbor, unless there are any hilarious old retired guy stories en route. Hope all of you are well & good out there - I miss everyone but it sure is great not working or wearing shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment