Ferocious hot head wind all the way today, severely compromising Waggin' Trail's normal sprinting speed of 0 to 80 km/h in half an hour. Coorong closed for "vermin control" (presumably the 4WD's). Fish n chips in Beachport, walk in the park with Smokey in Kingston, then a short break in Meningitis for coffee and locust plague. Will not attempt to describe the embarrassing chaos of the front passenger area where I have tried to cobble together a sunshade around the plug-in "air cooler" and Honey's bed. Erratic driver waving behaviour today. Yesterday it was "only wave to same type of vehicle", today it's truck drivers and caravan drivers but not Britz camper vans (tourists flagrantly ignoring the Code of the Road).
The Coorong is a stunning wetland wilderness, but how can it possibly compare with the breathtaking artistry of The Big Lobster? Sadly no actual lobster on the cafe menu but I am sure you will all be excited to know that I purchased my first motorhome fridge magnet.
Not sure what time it is as I think parts of the real world went on or off daylight savings then make half hour adjustment ahead or behind for South Australia unless you're in dairy farm area or Smokey tells you it's dinner time in which case it's probably five o'clock.
Have I mentioned how totally excellent it is driving with your own toilet?
No comments:
Post a Comment