OK everyone sit down with a stiff drink. Last night Gary OFFERED TO COOK ME SOMETHING. A chili con carne fajita to be precise. I had just had dinner at my place and I was bursting but I nearly accepted just because it was such an astonishing event; like cleaning the bathroom, possibly the first time that an outback bloke has offered to cook something for his "missus" that is actual delicious human food which has not been freshly run over in the road or scraped out of a can using a screwdriver. Once I recovered my ability to speak I thanked him enthusiastically and then found it in myself to share my Easter chocolates (except the vanilla fudge ones).
I am reeling. What's brought on this sudden dramatic improvement in Gaz's boyfriend skills? I know his mates are really happy that he's found himself a proper girlfriend and have been very supportive with caring, helpful comments such as "Don't fuck this up mate" and "You dickhead". Perhaps it was me shouting at him in the truck yard in exasperation the other week, or maybe my generator analogy finally sank in past the vast layers of truck and car brain cells. Who knows? But I madly applying positive reinforcement techniques and letting him know he's awesome (which he is).
Other than that we are having a quiet couple of days here in Meeka, I guess the beer has run out or people are just resting up before they start on wrecking what's left of their houses & cars. There's a constant stream of mad prospectors driving through town with their crazy home made 4WD motorhomes, caravans, trailers and lord knows what else now that the cooler weather is kicking in.
I'm just painting painting painting, ordering motorcycle parts, talking to the chickens and cleaning Gary's kitchen (the horror, the horror). Tomorrow I'm visiting old George and taking photos of the opening of the golf season over by the cemetery - the excitement just doesn't stop out here in the desert.
No comments:
Post a Comment