Saturday, 14 April 2012

Surprise!

Gary came round after work, then said, "I'll just be up at the pub for an hour, I'll see you shortly", then came home, took me out to the back of the ute and said "Happy Birthday!". In the dark I could dimly see a fattish bicycle shape; we lifted it down and I gasped. It's an original 1970's Steyr Daimler Puch Maxi S petrol-powered moped!   !!!!!!!!!!!!

This means nothing to most of you but basically I HAVE THE BEST BOYFRIEND IN THE UNIVERSE. This thing is a collector's item, a massively cool awesome vintage groovy machine (50cc's). Turns out Gary has been trying to figure out what to get me for my birthday all this time, then spotted it at Steve's place and thought "Anna would really like that" and went down to the pub to finalise the deal with Steve. I was squealing and marvelling over it and Gary was very pleased. "I knew I'd find the right thing eventually."

It needs a clean up, new tyres and a couple of repairs which Gaz is going to do, but it's untouched from its original condition - all original parts & paint job. It will be a hoot driving it around town.

The boyfriend achievements didn't stop there though. We got to Gary's house and he said, "Go look in the top cupboard" - huge box of Easter chocolate for me, plus 10 metres of aerial cabling for my TV. What more could a gal ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment