Monday, 20 August 2012

Bush Tracker

I found Roo's tracks heading away from the bush camp, he's covering a lot of ground! I tracked them as far as the flood channel towards the racetrack ground, looks like he's gone towards one of the gidgie thickets for the day. We haven't seen him, but I checked my roo research info and red kangaroos leave their mum's pouch permanently at about eight months of age, which is what I reckon he is. So he's a bit young to be out on his own completely but has an excellent chance of making out OK. I haven't heard him calling, which is probably a good sign that he's not freaking out looking for mum. Or that he's been eaten by an eagle... ohhhh be careful Roo!

Gary is back at work today and I'm enjoying the serenity here without the genny running. Spent the morning digging the irrigation channel for the prickly plant security fence and shearing Honey's unbelievably thick woolly winter fur, she now looks about 5 kg lighter and is enjoying the cool feeling. I will have to take a photo of the fur pile, there's enough to make another dog. Or maybe a nice hairy vest for Gary scratchscratchitchitchitch




No comments:

Post a Comment