Sunday, 12 August 2012

Cuttin' Up Cars

Well that was even harder than the Breathing Apparatus course - I am BUGGERED. We spent all day doing road crash rescue simulations, using the jaws of life (now called "spreaders"), big-ass hydraulic cutters and basically cutting cars apart and rescuing "casualties" (we took turns). After your basic shambles we finally got it together on the final drill where we discovered that we had actually learned how to do it properly and got the casualty out in just twenty minutes (pretty good for a roof removal job). We could barely stand up at the end of the day.

Fortunately Gary is feeling much better and is making me toasted sandwiches as I write. I had to pop home in the middle of training to feed & toilet little roo, who seems to be doing really well - healthy poos, curious as a cat, has learned how to get in and out of its hammock pouch, and is now fooling around in the bedroom refusing to go to sleep. I can't find a pouch on it so we're pretty sure it's a boy and could end up being called Tigger or Tiger (he has a very cute stripy tail). I know everyone is dying for photos and I promise to take some tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime here are some shots from the road crash rescue course.








No comments:

Post a Comment