We were all sitting in the main shed having a cold beer after all our moving today when Roo hopped through the room and went straight out the front gate and into the wild! I've been out calling him, but it looks like he's decided to try wide open nature. I suspect we'll see him around or that he might even come back - I hope he's OK! He's been grazing and pretty much doing his own thing in the yard, doing all the things a roo should do - sleeping during the day in the shade, licking his forepaws to cool down, finding the right grass to eat, and his poos are normal little round droppings, which is a sign of a mature joey, so I think he'll be fine apart from his small size - look out for wild dogs Roo! I hope he comes back, but he is a wild animal and he's in his natural element, so we'll just have to hope for the best for him.
We spent pretty much the whole day moving the bikes and cars out of Gary's place over to the bush camp, then getting the rest of my crap from Main Street. Greg, Tyler and Paul (fire brigade mates) all came to help, bringing a big flat tray truck and working like navvies. Greg's wife Tanika and their three small kids also came over, I made burgers and we had a good relax for the rest of the afternoon.
So we now have about nine motorcycles, a moped, two cars, a bus and god knows what else cluttering up the place. Gary's feeling a lot better so I handed him a list of Bloke Jobs for the week, with drawings of squinty-eyed baleful girlfriend faces on it so he knows it's Very Serious.
George is being a bit of a pain in the ass, honestly the man has no common sense! He blew the fuse on the kitchen power points AGAIN by plugging too many things in and I got really angry with him. He's also been holding up the tradies by talking at them nonstop so I told him he has to stop or I'll charge him for their extra hours - that's if they don't kill him first! We may have a room for him at the hostel soon thank god. He's generally very nice but just doesn't understand that I can't do everything for him and that I don't want to stand around listening to him ramble on for hours about frigging hinges and gas fridge parts while I'm holding a heavy box in my arms. At least he's watering the plants. Maybe we could just disconnect the electricity completely...he'd probably start lighting fires in the kitchen instead...
Here's some riveting photos of blokes moving a car.





No comments:
Post a Comment