What is the thing that goes "wheenk....wheenk" in the shrubbery next to the bedroom shed? What about the other thing that goes "ploot, ploot" just outside the laundry? What the hell are the giant flying ant things and why do they like zooming around the sofa at nine pm? How many kangaroos left all those tracks around the front gate pathway? Are they going to eat all my little plants? And what was fooling around in the jasmine on the roof half the night?
The minute you go out with a torch to investigate, they all go quiet. As soon as you go inside, they start up again. "Wheenk. Ploot! rustlerustlerustle. CRASH. Ploot? Wheenk. Cluckcluckcluck. Grrrr. Woof! Ploot, ploot. Wheeeenk. Cluck. Miaow. Woof. EVERYONE SHUDDUP! (silence). Wheenk."
Gary is feeling a bit better but is in danger of losing his mind living on the sofa where I have him tied up with threats of chemical restraint if he doesn't rest up. I caught him yesterday creeping across the front yard holding his nuts in both hands, grimly trying to reach the generator shed. I've rounded up some of the fire brigade guys to come next weekend and give us a hand with a few final cleanup things (we need to move George's old ute out and bring Gary's motorbikes over here), and organised a team of guys (Sunshine, Wazza and Yapyap) (!!) to go and get cracking on the last of the house reno at Main Street. Gary's helped everyone in town heaps so I said it was time to call in the favours.
I have my first two potential outback art / garden clients - Heather wants some of my barbed wire curly wurly things for her garden, and Brian wants some drought-proof native plants for his front yard. I'll have to go take some photos of my projects, after I've hosed Gary down - we couldn't remember when he last had a shower...ewwwww
No comments:
Post a Comment