Monday, 27 February 2012

Ahhhh Coolth At Last

Yay! Forecast for this week is high twenties! Freezing! I will be able to turn off the air conditioner for the first time in weeks. It will be a novel experience to move around without leaving a dripping sweat trail & smelling like a rancid camel.

Nothing wildly exciting to report, thank god. Gary is back up at Peak Hill making more mine tracks until this weekend. Daily chaos as usual at the aged care hostel. Greta's room flooded (we have no plumber in town) so I sat on the front verandah of the hostel with her this evening trying to sing along to her funny little aboriginal songs as we waited for the nursing staff to make up a bed for her over at the hospital. We held hands and watched the sun go down & stars come out, it was lovely.

When we were at Carl & Michelle's in Mount Magnet, I remarked that their dog Bindi looked really similar to Boy - same face & eyes, same soppy slobbery happy demeanor. Turns out Bindi is Boy's half brother - Cam has been distributing Boy's many relatives to homes around Meekatharra! God help us. Storm, Boy's dad, lives at Paddy's Flat and his brother Panda (!) lives just up the street from Gary's house. Lord knows how many more there are.

Whale shark season is approaching! The cooler weather means I can finally do some freshening up work on the bus so I'm ready to go up to Exmouth sometime in March or April. We will have to cut a hole in the side for Gary's feet to stick out.

No comments:

Post a Comment