I was at fire & rescue training last night when Gary rang to say he couldn't get into "The OK Corral" (my new fencing). So he came on up to training all filthy and tired from a week of hard loader work and the dogs & I made him laugh jumping all over him squeaking with happiness. We had a couple of beers with the rest of the crew, then went home where I showed Gaz the fire photos. The pics of me in my firefighting gear confirmed scientifically once and for all that a fire fighting uniform will have an immediate and startling aphrodisiac effect no matter who is wearing it. I will spare you the depraved details.
Gary, who has a wicked streak of humour, did what everyone else was thinking when Reese started the house fire debriefing session - a victory dance at the fire brigade social club bar, singing "It burned, it burned, it burned!" Greg for some reason brought an extendable pole thing from home and put it up on the bar where I was sitting, as a kind of ornament. "Greg, that is just going to lead to trouble after a few beers." "Yeah!" Greg attempted a pole dance and then sheepishly apologised to me. "Greg, it's the only reason I joined the brigade mate."
My official acceptance letter and brigade ID had arrived, so Paul gave me the official induction ("Umm, just turn up and do what the Captain says") and soon I will have my own firefightin' uniform. Apparently there are tons of training courses coming up which is really exciting - 4WD courses, all sorts of stuff.
A busy week coming up - it's Gary's birthday on Friday and he's taking me out for dinner to celebrate, then a big piss-up at the main bar. Then we're off to Mount Magnet for his Grand Order of the Royal Exalted Heffalumps meeting on Saturday. My job is to play Stepford Wife and frock up with a platter of food for the social bit after they've finished with their secret handshakes & world dominion plans. On Sunday the town is having a market day at the school oval, so we'll be there to show off all the fire & rescue trucks and stuff which will be fun. Maybe Greg will bring the pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment