Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Houdini The Wonder Dog

Boy can climb a six foot fence like it's nothing!!! It's driving me nuts. Today on my way to work I looked in the rear view mirror and there he was, galumphing down the middle of Main Street in hot pursuit. Evasive manoeuvres proved futile; he found the bus parked outside the hostel and plonked himself down underneath it for the rest of the day. I've tried tying him up; he just gnaws through the rope. He's just terrified of losing sight of me. Tonight I'm taking them to fire & rescue, they can horse around in the rear yard.

Quiet again. Gary is still out bush! They're only about 100 km up the road, but are on mining leases so I can't go in. I am missing him a lot but it's not lonely here with the petting farm and all my cheery fun aboriginal friends passing by. We've had a run of 40+ degree days and lots of humidity, so I am wrung out by mid afternoon & too tired to do much except cling lovingly to the air conditioner in my underpants. The kitchen and hallway are a gauntlet of unconscious animals flaked out in the path of the cool air flow.

OK better go and put 16 kilos of thick heavy fire gear on for some oozing training fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment