I just have to digress here because I turned the TV on and apparently while we were in the desert, the civilised world either went mad or slipped into an alternative universe. I refer of course to The Queen's "visit" to Australia, to which we are being subjected (the irony is intentional) via live footage on all channels, with the most recent abomination being a "charity barbecue" which cost something point something million dollars to organise and "raised" some several thousand dollars. You do the math.
On top of that, I have just heard news commentators refer to the queen as a "senior citizen" (????) and a "woman of great fortitude", who "somehow manages to fulfil her obligations at such functions many times a year". WTF are they talking about? The queen isn't a citizen, she's the fucking queen, isn't that the point? I don't see her paying tax or contributing a single goddam thing to society. And what's this fortitude crap? She and whatsisname are like wax dummies practically carried from chair to chair where they sit like zombies until the millions tax dollars' worth of fireworks & horse parades are over for the day & then they're stuffed back into their cryogenic travel pods in the jet to get to the next time-wasting activity
after being given flowers by some disabled child who could have used all those tax dollars for a workable freakin' CAT scan machine that might have saved them from being crippled in the first place.
The worst part of all of it is that stupid taxpaying citizens turn up and think it's GREAT. So next time you marvel at how wonderful the queen is, take a look at the size of your credit card debt & health insurance bills and remember, you bought HRH a sausage today. Will she be inviting you round for a BBQ at her place anytime soon do you think?

I love QEII. The whole monarchy is a relic, but she is the last vestige of it.
ReplyDeleteLong may she reign, and after that, enough thanks.