Saturday, 1 October 2011

More Surprises

As I was scrubbing out Ian's trailer & flinging mouse corpses over the fence he rang from the mine site to let me know when he gets his days off, and he said "pick somewhere you haven't been before and I'll take you there for a holiday".  I assumed he meant somewhere like Quobba or Three Mile Camp just out of town for a fishing trip or something. No way - he's talking Bali or Thailand!  I hesitated for about a nanosecond then said, "YEAH!"  Whether or not it really happens, we'll see, but jeez it's nice to be asked. He's just signed his contract with the mine job and is on some astonishing salary, so he wants to treat himself to his first overseas holiday & have someone to come along. Lucky me! I did warn him that I am a vagrant with a proven track record of running off with strange men at the drop of a Four-X beer can.

Anyway, I'm just happy pottering along day to day, not really caring when the new gearbox will turn up, hanging out with Honey & Smokey, reading and cleaning, swimming in the pool, eating prawns and occasionally wondering what the next surprising turn of events might be...

1 comment:

  1. I go away for a month and my god a lot has happened

    call me at home I am back from europe. mobile phone is lost to the world of petty thieves polly x

    ReplyDelete