I've just put an offer on a house in Meekatharra! Jesus christ! Waiting to hear back from the owner so I can start the phone haggling - her hubby's off on a mine site so can't make decision until he's in phone range blah blah blah. I took Ian & Brian in to look at it this morning and offered the owner $60,000 cash for it, Brian's kicking himself for not checking it earlier & buying it. They're asking $70,000 which I'm prepared to pay but I would be ashamed of myself if I didn't try to bargain them down.
Anyway, it's a relocatable home in solid shape, filthy inside, huge block of flat land, on the main street with empty blocks on either side, just needs a paint job & new floor laminate. The idea is to buy it, tart it up, put it on the market for more than double the price, see what happens. Worst case scenario is the gold boom doesn't happen and I rent it out to the government workers at an exorbitant weekly rental (high rental demand here regardless of mining activity). It's all in my name of course, Ian will be the hired hand & pay rent, aware of the fact that I could whimsically run off with a passing truck driver or just wander away to go snorkelling with a bus full of stray dogs & a cranky rescue eagle.
Time to sort out photos...
No comments:
Post a Comment