Waggin' Trail is back on the road with new gearbox & clutch. Because it was sitting in front of the mechanic's in the main road for over a week it is now famous and somehow everyone in Carnarvon knows who I am, so I had complete strangers today in various shops asking me how the packing was going, how the new gearbox is working out and wishing me good luck in Meekatharra. Then at the bottle shop one of the guys spotted me and said, "Oh yer other half was in ere before and said remember to get a bag of ice". Good lord. News sure travels fast around here!
The packing has been hopeless with everyone coming past for drinks & chips & checking out the bus, so god knows when we will actually get on the road. I was doing well with packing the bus until everyone had had quite a lot to drink & decided to "help"... I am really enjoying the natural camaraderie of the outback. There always seems to be someone lending a hand and opportunities during the day to help them out too or swap books & stuff. It was sad to part with Alice (trailer park friend) and Chris (vet clinic friend) after only just starting to get to know each other, but we had some good "chick chat" & laughs, a welcome change in this blokey environment. As usual having emails & phone calls with family & friends is a big heartwarmer. Bet you all just can't wait to visit in Meekatharra...
BED TIME. I am knackered. We'll get ourselves on the road sometime tomorrow...next post will be from Meekatharra in a few days or so!
No comments:
Post a Comment