We have a third dog living at the roadhouse now - Rocko the Rottweiler. His job is to guard the compound from the night thieves who come & steal diesel, satellites and single serve coffee portions. Rocko is huge. He is also the biggest sooky dog I have ever met. Instead of guarding the compound he wants to snuggle up & lick my face. Maybe this is his new-age guarding technique. "Aww don't steal nothin' okay? Okay? I wuv yoooo!"
Honey is in love with him, Smokey is not at all impressed, Gooch has retired to her shag carpet in the bus.
We get our room back today, but have decided that we actually really like the carport setup. So just to recap, here is a chronology of how my living standards have dropped in the past six months:
1. Santa Fe Designer Home
2. 5 Star Sydney Hotels
3. Action Stunts Office
4. Action Stunts Driveway
5. Bus
6. Various Driveways of Adelaide
7. Broken Down Trailer
8. Tent Next to Bus
9. Dogbox at Roadhouse
10. Carport
Naturally you will all be wondering "How could it get any worse?" The answer is: by moving into a roo shooting camp in Wooramel for the spring season. Duncan has an old trailer there which I suggested we could fix up nicely by setting fire to it. "Don't worry darling I'm going to make you a nice little home there, I'm going to Geraldton to get some pieces of tin and wood, you deserve a proper place to live!"
But that's a couple of months away at least so I'll have plenty of time to practice killing deadly poisonous snakes with a shovel, cooking over a fire pit in 45 degree temperatures and cleaning myself with a rag and a stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment