Tuesday, 12 July 2011

I'm Hired!

My newly-discovered obsessive compulsive ability to colour-code towels and file pre-assembled linen sets according to bed size has not gone unnoticed. Russell, the owner/manager of the Overlander, has agreed to pay me $15 cash per room clean (each one takes about 15 minutes) and - I can barely contain my excitement - is going to take my advice and order colour-separated double and single bed linen sets (I pointed out that he is losing approximately 3.5 labour minutes per laundry item due to having to work out which ones are singles or doubles) (I know you are all fascinated). We get free accommodation and all the food we can eat (you should see the size of the porterhouse steaks oh my god drooooooollll).

Duncan is hilarious and we have a great time being silly all day. He has just gone to get me some chocolate and a t-shirt from the shop front. Here is a typical conversation in the roadhouse kitchen:

D:  Oh darling I've just fixed that magneto turbo ring on the backpacker's Ford!
A:  You're amazing!
D:  It was totally buggered but I looked it up on the internet and rewired the old one! You look so pretty!
A:  So are you!
D:  I'm hungry! I love you so much! I have to go and reprogram the satellite TV cards! I'm so happy!
A:  Me too! It's great being here with you!
D:  I'm going to take you fishing! I need to hug you now!

Everyone keeps laughing at us & pretending to throw up in the bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment