Here is a list of the growing number of jobs I now have at the roadhouse, at the rate of $15 per hour (cash):
First Aid Field Nurse
Short Order Relief Cook
Dish Washer
Room Cleaner
Shower Block Cleaner
Linen Management Supervisor
Duncan's Personal Manager
This is because I possess the rare skill set of (1) being mainly sober most of the day (2) not being on the run from the law or the ATO & liable to leave unexpectedly in the middle of cooking a burger (3) able to communicate with the public without using the f-word or the c-word every five seconds.
My promotion includes the provision of the manager's own personal brand new wheelbarrow to use as the linen trolley ("This is my wheelbarrow now Russell! You ain't gettin' it back!"). Russell (the roadhouse owner) is also open to my suggestion of having my own Laundry Camel as part of recreating the olden days of roadhouse legend when the Afghan camel teams worked the area (I think Russell had quite a few beers last night).
How long before I'm running the place...?
No comments:
Post a Comment