Saturday, 2 July 2011

My Exhausting Schedule

It must be the weekend, because Denham appears to be shut. Last night Smokey & Honey walked through town with me to the jetty where I failed to catch my next meal - those wily Denham squid are fat & lazy. Today I rode my bike around the outskirts of town, about 12 km all up and we stopped at Little Lagoon which is pretty but full of hideous stone fish. Their poison isn't deadly, but the pain is so excruciating that people die of shock. A ute load of camels drives past for Monkey Mia.

Sleeeeepy...after lunch, a long snooze in the sun. Honeyeater birds hop around the bus & the table, telling Smokey off so he goes to sleep under my neighbours' trailer. Duncan makes one of his three-hourly phone calls from Perth ("I only had one beer on the way! It sure made it easier to find the motel!"). He's managed to find the organic food shop, bless him, and has bought me a ton of my favourite sprouted grain bread loaves.

Energised by my nap, I attend to my end of year tax paperwork by quickly & efficiently glancing over at the filing box and going back to bed with some Saki short stories. Another perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment