Poor Rocky. A tiny chihuahua half Honey's size is camping out with his folks here at the roadhouse. His name is Bear. He has no fear. Bear does not sleep; he waits.
Rocky came trotting over all goofy to say hello and next thing we hear is this terrible squealing and howling. "That'd be Bear getting eaten" we thought, but we looked up to see Rocky running away with his tail between his legs and Russell & Dale trying to catch him. All three of them did a few laps around the main house while we all wet our pants laughing. Bear stood his full seven inch height by his caravan, proud and menacing. Rocky is recovering on his bed in the house.
Last night Russell caught a French backpacker sleeping in his car behind the roadhouse and now has him slaving in the kitchen ("it doesn't matter if you can't cook, just do stuff"). One of the absconding girls has returned safely from the clutches of the road crew so we now have almost enough staff to keep the place running as long as we all work 18 hours a day. One of the shift cooks keeps leaving the kitchen to soak her feet in buckets of water and has to have a lie down every 2 hours.
Duncan has recovered from his man-sulks. I got so cross with him that I tipped his laundry over his head while he was eating dinner with the rest of the staff, which earned me big bonus points with the gals. He then sulked off to try and sleep under his ute but I said "If I'm going out with a bloke I'm damn well sleeping in the same bed even if I'm not talking to you!" (It all made sense at the time). Anyway we had a good laugh about it & are back to having fun looking up cheats for Nanosaur 2 & sharing romantic moments as we set fire to the rubbish tip.
No comments:
Post a Comment