Well this adventure is certainly making up for fifteen years of not having adventures! Duncan & Ian are now bestest friends and taking great pride in being all chivalrous & helpful, with today's bloke activity being to get the trailer park tractor out to tow my bus over to a nicer van site. And what a coincidence! It's right next to Ian's trailer! I knew things were getting serious between them when I heard them discussing shared freezer arrangements (freezers and cool rooms are a big thing with blokes out here in WA).
Both blokes have been sooking up to me with sad comments like "Me hair's gettin' in me eyes" and "I think I have a splinter in me toe", so I have incorporated them into the overall pet maintenance schedule. Duncan's dog clipper haircut looks pretty good! Just don't look in the mirror! Ian cooked us a mind blowing roo tail stew & home made bread last night while he & Duncan tried to outdo each other with fishing stories. We now have a few friends in Carnarvon, so waiting for the gearbox has turned out to be a bonus.
Duncan is beside himself with excitement because his youngest son is coming out to Australia to play professional basketball (he's been playing overseas for a few years). I watched him on YouTube and he's amazing on the court. So I'm being entertained with Duncan's attempts to perform replay moves in his big Shrek boots. Will Medicare cover "middle aged sports replay" injuries?
No comments:
Post a Comment