Everyone at the trailer park is now sober after the big beery football weekend and I was able to order a new gearbox, which will arrive next week, so I'm now a semi permanent resident. It's turning out to be a great, great place to stay. Ian took me out bush food foraging today and we had a picnic lunch out near the river, then went to visit Duncan at the water tank house work site. The blokes are behaving themselves and Ian's cooking us a big roo tail stew with the wild pumpkins & tomatoes that we found. The two of them are going to try and tow the bus around to the shadier treed area at the front of the caravan park, closer to the pool. Smokey is working his way through the mouse plague each night.
Didn't catch anything big on the weekend fishing attempt, just some schnooks for bait, but we're still doing well in the "living off the land" department! The weather is beautiful and I'm content to stay here in Carnarvon until we come up with our next crazy living arrangement...what will happen next????
No comments:
Post a Comment