Yep, WA has pretty much shut down as everyone remains glued to TV's & radios to watch, listen and talk about the footy finals (apart from those unlucky enough to be forced to go and buy more beer, using the time-honoured tradition of "who has had the least to drink and/or is least likely to be jailed en route to the bottle shop"). The only way I have escaped being the bottle shop monkey is to pretend I've had at least half a carton by lunch time. To my knowledge, I am the only person left in WA who is not consuming beer at breakfast & has a fully functioning liver and possibly a few brain cells left.
GO COLLINGWOOD! GO THE PIES! Even I am excited about the grand final, despite having little or no real comprehension of how the game works even after 26 years of being in Australia, and after some embarrassing staring silences in the public TV lounge have learned not to try and make intelligent sports observations during matches.
Duncan has finally succeeded in driving me insane with his indecisive job plans! He's under a strict ban on talking about any of it until he gets back from roo camp & collecting the last of his gear from Overlander. I love the caravan park so I'm just staying here & painting the bus. A carpenter who lives here has asked me to do some painting design for his caravan in exchange for some refit work on my bus (I'm re-insulating the ceilings in readiness for the horror heat of summer). Ian keeps cooking us mouth-watering chef concoctions and Duncan worked out how to tune the TV in the bus so I feel like we're living in luxury!
No comments:
Post a Comment