My production manager skills came in handy once again as I tackled the shuddering feral horror of Ian's trailer & annexe. I'm cleaning & organising it in repayment for being able to stay in it while the bus goes to the mechanic early next week. We were watching Wolf Creek (the horror movie) and realised that the film location debris just kind of merged into the trailer surroundings, which convinced Ian that a good go with a blow torch and industrial chemicals was the only sane solution once we ruled out simply setting fire to the entire trailer. I spent the day discovering mouse corpses and disinfecting everything in sight.
Duncan dropped by and we amicably split up while remaining friends; it's a relief after all the fun but tiring madness. I have also had over 24 hours of peaceful solitude without any blokes drifting up to the bus! It's a miracle! Cheryl from "across the road" (thirty feet away) invited me over for dinner to share Brian's big catch of tailer and we had a very pleasant evening stuffing ourselves on the fresh fish & looking at photos of Busselton, where they come from, as well as a most satisfying conversation about 12 volt fridges.
Tomorrow: tiger prawns and oysters. Or perhaps fresh emperor fillets from the fish & chip shop? So many decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment