Oh my god I am just total trailer trash now. I chucked Duncan out (temporarily) because he has been driving me up the wall with his frantic indecisions about work etc etc & I got tired of being endlessly supportive. Enough already! We haven't officially split up or anything but I told him to hit the road & call me when/if he pulls himself together.
In true WA style, Ian was quick to move in with a flanking picnic manoeuvre, followed by a volley of home cooked breakfasts and a successful rearguard shoulder massage ambush, to which my allied forces of irresponsibility, greed and lack of shame offered little resistance. Harlot! However, seeing as how Duncan was bargaining me off for 2 camels and the still-undisclosed number of sheep...
Anyway, I dropped Ian off at the airport this morning (he's off to work at a Rio Tinto mine for a month) so I'm relishing some solitude for the five minutes I reckon I've got before some other bloke wanders in to my campsite (noooo!). It's so peaceful! Stay out, blokes!
Ian's a very nice person; he's letting me use his trailer and 4WD while he's away, and in return I'm cleaning it out (yes, horror outback bachelor bloke scenario) while Smokey does mouse patrol. Ian also asked the neighbours to check that I am OK from time to time which is very thoughtful; Brian & Cheryl have already been over to make sure I'm not lonely ("with both your blokes away"!!). Oh I am so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment