Monday, 16 May 2011

Ahhh the Seaside

Now in Esperance, which as many of you will recollect is the birthplace of Esperanto. Aloh bugerhoff! as the friendly Esperantese say. Here for a couple of weeks of r&r after the horrors of the Nullarbor, staying in a very cute holiday unit by the beach. It is as beautiful as the tourist photos - azure sea, white sandy beaches, stunning.

Managed to give the Sweetie the chihuahua to Wayne the mechanic in Norseman thank god. So cute. He adores her and she has really taken to him so it's a very happy ending.

So, for any of you who still think I am mad taking pets on the road with me, let me tell you about Adam. He was camped at Salmon Gums where I spent the night between Norseman & Esperance. As I parked, I could hear all this mad barking at the next campsite. Looking over, all I could see was a tent bulging and writhing as if it was about to hatch. I had to check it out!

Adam lives on the road full time doing casual work. He travels with FOUR DOGS. The dogs are called Gorgeous, Adorable, Beautiful and Cobber - four mad farm dogs all the size of a border collie. Adam drives a ute, and all four dogs ride in the front seat with him because he doesn't want them falling off the back of the truck! At night they all squash into the small tent with him. Can you imagine.

Off to meet Sammy the Seal tomorrow.

See ya later Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment