Saturday, 14 May 2011

Getting Across the Nullarbor...

OK so the next few posts will try to explain how we ended up being towed to Norseman and wound up with a second chihuahua living in the bus.

Wednesday May 11
Nullarbor Roadhouse

I am woken by the sight of Smokey's paws clinging to the edge of the window outside my "bedroom". He is being harassed by 2 crows and a magpie! I rescue the poor old softy and feed him some chicken.

Nullarbor Roadhouse to Mundrabilla.  Hundreds of km's of nothinnnngggg.... I see two wild dingoes (beautiful) and a large black snake. I decide against bush camping out here with my beloved travelling companions.

Using a handy stick as a "cruise control" device, I pass the time watching Star Trek in bed, doing my nails etc. Returning to the driver's seat some hours later I see we are almost at Border Village, where - this may come as a surprise - you cross the border into WA. 

A cheerful quarantine officer relieves me of a jar of generic honey which, if I had been able to bring it into the state, could have wiped out generations of sheep.


No comments:

Post a Comment