Esperance. Star Date whatever. DOLPHINS LEAPING OUT OF THE WATER!!! Walking on the jetty when pod of dolphins pass by, occasionally jumping out of the water about 200 m away. Wow!! It seems that most of the WA coast is a real dolphin playground. Heading north tomorrow via Hyden.
I have an appointment with the archivist at Guildford Grammar School in Perth on Monday, she is going to let me into the locked glass room where Half Safe is kept. Half Safe is an amphibious jeep which Ben and Elinore Carlin took across the Atlantic and drove across the Sahara in the 1950's (google it & watch the ABC TV video on YouTube). It is a fantastic story. I found out it was stored at the school, so I just rang up and asked if I could see it, and was offered a private tour!
Imagine how much dolphin fun you could have with an amphibious jeep, a load of ammo & a shotgun.

No comments:
Post a Comment