Wednesday May 11
Halfway Across
On to Eucla, where they have scenery and a bend in the road! I top up on diesel - the price is $1.98 a litre plus a kidney and any valuables you may have in your vehicle.
Honey & I hike to the old Telegraph Station which is being swallowed by "the ageless sands of time". Smokey, shattered by his bird encounter, politely declines to join us. This proves to be perspicacious, as we are suddenly swooped by a whole flock of stunning scarlet galahs. We walk to the ocean; it's turquoise, endless and wild.
At the Eucla rest stop, Smokey again attracts a small fan club, including a young motorcyclist who travels full time on his bike. I google the Nullarbor weather radar for him to see if there's any rain coming his way from the east - even in the wild, I have not lost my production manager skills. I print out some hard copies and a quick call sheet and he's on his way.

No comments:
Post a Comment