This was really exciting because now I know a whole bunch about electrical wiring and where everything is so I can correctly point at it when it stops working next time. Here is an example of my new automotive electrics conversational skills:
Bloke: Yer isolator tap, yerve got two of em for some reason, it's (mumble)
Me: I suspect one's for the 240 manual relay, but the solenoid crepuscule looks worn.
Bloke: Yer I'll fix that, do yer want the 12 volt to go through the AC current diverter?
Me: Nah mate, let's just connect the whole lot through the photovoltaic phase switch panel.
Bloke: Good idea, I'll pull out that old (mumble mumble) recontangle 24 and (something mumble)
Me: Thanks.
On top of the daily tech talks, I am also absorbing Western Australia country TV & radio, which is very blokey. The TV ads are fantastic. Mainly they are for things like sheds, cattle medicine and fencing. In the ads, the men don't talk, and the action is always the same, regardless of the product. Bloke 1 is doing something with his cow/shed/fence, Bloke 2 pulls up, they wave (or do that chin nod thing). Then Bloke 1 does something wrong and Bloke 2 shakes his head sadly, then shows Bloke 1 what he should be doing. Flash forward to Bloke 1 now with the right product; the two men share a "no worries she's right mate" gesture. There are no women in WA TV world.
![]() |
| The new crinoloid inversion diverter - note the colour coded photractors |

No comments:
Post a Comment