Saturday, 27 August 2011

Mummy what's that big noise


Travelling at 90 km per hour I can just make out a weird straggly little animal shape moving on the road ahead. I slow down to give it time to get across; as I get closer I can see it's a mother quail and her five babies. Mum is the size of a small mandarin orange and the babies are weensy teensy cotton balls with little stick legs. They're the tiniest, cutest, fluffiest little things you have ever seen AND I RAN OVER ALL OF THEM. Noooo!  They kept darting back and forth in a panicking shambles and I nearly crashed the bus trying to avoid them, and at the last moment they all ran straight into the path of my bus wheels.

I feel terrible and when I tell Duncan, he makes it worse.

D:  Dad was probably waiting on the other side!
A:  Oh my god!
D:  Pleep, pleep! Come on kids, you can make it!
A:  Don't! Oh god!
D:  Pleep pleep!

there weren't even enough of them to make a small snack

No comments:

Post a Comment