Thursday, 25 August 2011

Plan? What Plan?

Well it's all happening at once! Duncan and I have been offered as much work as we want at Warroora Station (I could add "sheep shearing" to my increasingly bizarre list of job skills), Duncan's just landed a few days work in Carnarvon (plumbing) and it also looks like he may have landed a huge contract job at Coral Bay supervising the plumbing fitout for a new resort complex (you're not allowed to pick up souvenir shells off the beach but it's OK to put in multistorey buildings & cut three feet off the top of the dunes so ground floor can have a view of the marine park that they're gradually destroying).

So we've given notice at the roadhouse and are heading north day after tomorrow. First stop: living at a watertank which has been partially converted to a house (???) on a property by the Gascoyne River, with llamas. Yes! Llamas! Could life get any better! It's on the outskirts of town so I'll be able to go to the hairdresser (I feel like I have a pelt on my head) and of course ALL YOU CAN EAT SEAFOOD BUFFET at the Gateway Motel, not to mention Carnarvon's other attractions such as fishing at One Mile Jetty, fightin' & brawlin' at the Tropicana Hotel and fending off lonely salt miners.

Then who knows, could be living on the beach at Warroora or Coral Bay, trapping feral dogs, watering the sheep, painting the sheds and snorkelling to my heart's content. I'm sure by next week there will be a whole different plan...


No comments:

Post a Comment