Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Woe Betide the Wife

Duncan is doing the dishes and in typical Duncan style this triggers some train of thought which he assumes I will instantly understand:

D:  I'm doing this because I want to!
A:  That's great!
D:  Yeah! Woe betide the wife who tells me to mow the lawn!
A:  What? Did you just say "woe betide"?
D:  Why are you laughing!
A:  Woe betide the wife??
D:  I'm not joking! There have been incidents!
A:  What wife? What lawn?
D:  This is serious! I need to let you know these things!
A:  Woe betide the wife?? (I am in fits of laughter)
D:  I'm just telling you now, if there's any talk about mowing the lawn I will concrete the bastard over!
A:  We're in the outback! There is no lawn!
D:  If we're going to be in a relationship we have to get these things up front!
A:  Oh my god! I promise I will never ask you to mow the lawn!
D:  You're awesome! I love you so much! Why does everyone laugh at me!

Things will never ever be boring with Duncan.


No comments:

Post a Comment