Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Paint Yer Waggin'

Our Escapee Employee of the Week is... the boss!  Russell has left us in charge of the roadhouse for a few days. I wonder what qualities he observed in us that left him easy in his mind with this decision - was it the daily hangovers? The truckie shenanigans out the back? (Today's pickup line: "I'm pretty sure my wife won't find out, she's in Perth") Our loud inappropriate language & idiot laughter echoing out from the kitchen to every corner of the customer area? At any rate, Raelene is in charge. We suggested just putting a "closed" sign up on the front door & going off to Nanga for the day.

Anyway, Waggin' Trail is now completely painted chilli pepper red & ready for a holiday. I'm off to Woorroowa (traditional aboriginal word meaning "why would anyone want to farm sheep here") in the morning to go fishing with Duncan while he finishes off their plumbing jobs & then hopefully off to Exmouth for some snorkelling at Turquoise Bay. So I will be off line for about a week but should return with more exciting instalments of Waggin' Trail (I am desperately trying not to resort to descriptions of wildflowers).

I'll be thinking of you all as I drift blissfully over the coral with the fish in the balmy 27 degree sunny weather & sleeping under the stars after a big meal of freshly caught snapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment