Saturday, 24 March 2012

The Bloke Makes Good

Gary has been diligently making up for shoddy birthday behaviour the best way he knows how - fixing things and using power tools. He got back early from road grading and immediately set to work cutting out the lounge room wall & fixing one of the blinds, and has just gone home to scrub his bathroom clean for the first time in five years so that I can have a hot bath (I am still without hot water here). This may be the first recorded instance of an outback bloke cleaning a bathroom, I should get photos or no one in Meeka will believe me.

So it's not roses and chocolates but I did get front row viewing of him with his shirt off (I'm rather partial to his old sailor tattoos) doing burly things with angle grinders and stuff. Next Friday is birthday dinner, and he's also worked out a plan for rebuilding a bigger & better verandah roof plus lifting the carport roof so I can drive the bus right through (it's three inches too low!).

The house is going to look great! Taking out the stupid wall between the lounge and kitchen has really improved the space. Hopefully the ceiling won't collapse.

Now all I have to do is build another chicken house, because Smokey has taken over the one I built yesterday and won't get out...

Starting the cut...

A big chunk of wall to come out!

Thank god we're in the fire brigade

The shirt comes off as it gets serious

Space! Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment