Thursday, 15 March 2012

A Year Of Boyfriends

Well the 100-dollar bathroom renovation is nearing completion, and setting up the Mine & Theirs towel pegs naturally led to reflecting on the social adventures of my journey, or as some might put it, behaving like an opportunistic conscienceless hoyden. Ahh, the memories - skulking half dressed between trailers, gutting roos by moonlight, rolling around naked in the dirt next to a partially cooked lizard. How on earth did I resist the dozens of desperado beer-fuelled marriage proposals from men not wearing underpants? At least one of them did have all his teeth. Ian had a full set of teeth too but it was disconcerting to keep finding them at the bottom of my handbag or putting my hand on them in the glovebox in the dark.

Anyway, Gary's a good bloke and I'm happy with him for now. He just rang to say he's got the weekend off, yippee! Sounds like we've got big rain coming off the edge of Cyclone Lau, so fingers crossed the tracks get too muddy and he has to stay in town for the week - I've got plenty of Bloke Jobs lined up. He's hilarious - he forgets if I just ask him verbally, so I write down things I want help with and tape them to the steering wheel of the ute and he quietly wanders about doing them. He likes it if I go and stay at his place sometimes, but he has been such a shocking bachelor for ages that I can't stand it, although he has started trying to make it more civilised after I looked around and said, "Oh my god, did a pensioner die in here or something?"

Well, the drunken screaming at the aboriginal flats has started up which means it's well past dinner time, better see if there are any lizard bits left over in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment